Well I did it. I sent my very first completed manuscript to be edited. I sent off 998 words from chapter one of Santa Baby (or whatever I end up calling it) yesterday. I had it back this morning. She made a lot of suggestions to help with my story flow. I’ve read them all and I’ll use like 99% of them.
I learned a lot from that small bit of edited text. One is that I don’t have to be so detailed in my writing. By this I mean I don’t have to describe every step, every turn, every action my characters take or do. The other thing that stood out from this edit was that I really need to broaden my word chose.
So now I wait for the edits to come back. I’m excited to be at this stage. Still on my to do list is finding a cover for it and publishing it. One step at a time!